I think everyone loves these sweet and tender pancakes. There are so many international recipes: vegan, with different types of flour, with or without sugar.
First, I wanted to share a quick story about pancakes:
The history of pancakes dates back to ancient civilizations, where a basic mixture of flour, eggs, and milk was cooked on hot stones. Over time, the dish evolved and ingredients varied based on availability and cultural customs. In medieval Europe, pancakes were made with ingredients like sugar, spices, and fruit. The popularity of pancakes spread to America with settlers and became a staple food, with variations like the buttermilk pancake being developed. Today, pancakes are enjoyed worldwide as a popular breakfast dish and come in many different varieties and flavours. For decoration, you can use whatever you like: fruits, berries, nuts, jam, chocolate and peanut butter.
Today, I will make pancakes with honey, because it tastes better. So let’s start cooking.
- 125g of flour
- 2 eggs
- 20g of sugar(or honey)
- 25g of butter
- 200ml of milk
- 10g of butter
- 10g of butter for decorating
- Separate the yolks from the whites. Mix yolks with melted butter in a deep bowl with a whisk.
- Pour milk, add sugar(or honey)
- Sift flour and baking powder through a sieve and mix thoroughly.
- Beat the egg whites until a thick foam is formed.
- Now add beaten egg whites to the mixture
- Grease a heated frying pan with a piece of buttermilk. Fry small pancakes on both sides, put them on a plate, put a piece of butter on top, and pour honey, decorate with nuts
When choosing flour for pancakes, there are several factors to consider:
- Type of Flour: All-purpose flour is the most commonly used flour for pancakes, but other flours such as whole wheat, oat, and buckwheat can also be used for a different texture and flavor.
- Gluten Content: All-purpose flour has a moderate gluten content, which provides structure to the pancake. If you prefer a lighter, fluffier pancake, you can use a low-gluten flour such as cake flour. If you prefer a denser, heartier pancake, you can use a high-gluten flour such as bread flour.
- Purpose: If you are looking for a gluten-free option, there are many alternative flours available, such as rice flour, almond flour, and coconut flour.
Ultimately, the choice of flour will depend on personal preference and the desired outcome. It is also possible to experiment by combining different types of flour to find the perfect balance.
More breakfast recipes:
If you wish to treat yourself to a great and amazing breakfast, check our recipe of a fruit smoothie because you are worth it https://sundaycooking.co.uk/easy-and-healthy/fruit-smoothie/
Here are three popular websites with pancake recipes:
- Allrecipes.com – Offers a wide variety of pancake recipes, including classic, healthy, and unique options.
- Food.com – Provides a comprehensive collection of pancake recipes, including international variations and creative ideas.
- Epicurious.com – Features an array of recipes, including traditional pancake recipes, as well as those with a gourmet twist. The site also provides tips and techniques for perfect pancake making.