Fennel in breadcrumbs is my number one dish! Fennel is a useful plant and has a special taste and not to mention aroma. Some of the key properties of fennel include:
- Flavor: Fennel has a sweet, licorice-like flavor.
- Aroma: Fennel has a distinct aroma that is both sweet and earthy.
- Nutritional value: Fennel is a good source of vitamins C and K, potassium, and fiber.
- Medicinal properties: Fennel has been used in traditional medicine for its digestive, diuretic, and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Culinary uses: Fennel can be eaten raw or cooked, and is commonly used in soups, stews, and salads. It is also used as a seasoning for fish and other dishes.
Fennel is loved and often prepared by Italians. It can be prepared in many ways.
Today I’m gonna cook fennel in breadcrumbs in the oven. Following this recipe, you will get crispy and juicy fennel. The main advice is that the slices shall not be too thick, around 5 millimetre. Fennel goes well with lettuce, tomatoes, and black olives, eggs, and parmesan.
Fennel in breadcrumbs
- 1 fennel
- 1 egg
- 50g breadcrumbs
- 50g flour
- olive oil
- black pepper
- Wash the fennel and cut off the greens.
- Cut the fennel into slices.
- Place the fennel in a pot of salted water and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Mix the egg with pepper and salt on a plate.
- Now take the fennel out of the water and dry it with a paper towel.
- Roll the slices in flour.
- Now in the egg mixture.
- Then in breadcrumbs.
- place the fennel slices on a baking sheet lined with foil. Bake for 20 minutes in an oven heated to 180 degrees
In conclusion, I would like to suggest the websites with healthy fennel recipesFennel in breadcrumbs