Pastry with ricotta and prosciutto cake can be served as an appetizer for broth or a light lunch or a savoury breakfast. There are many options that you can use for the filling. But ricotta and prosciutto are a great combination. This pastry is crispy and very tasty. Most importantly – homemade snacks are so much healthier than the ones you buy in a store. Would you like to know other benefits of homemade snacks?
Homemade snacks are often better than store-bought for several reasons:
- They are fresher and more nutritious.
- You have control over the ingredients and can avoid additives and preservatives.
- You can customize the taste and texture to your preferences.
- They are often less processed and contain fewer artificial ingredients.
- Homemade snacks can be less expensive than store-bought options.
- They can be made in bulk and stored for later, saving time and money.
- They are a fun and creative way to experiment with new ingredients and flavours.
Pastry with ricotta and prosciutto
- 200g ricotta
- 130g prosciutto cotto
- 1 yolk
- dry rosemary
- 1 roll puff pastry
- a small piece of garlic
- For this pastry, I use puff pastry. Place the dough rectangle on a baking sheet greased with oil. Finely chop the garlic, add it to the ricotta and salt.Spread only half of the dough.
- Take the prosciutto and put it on the ricotta.
- Wrap this with the second part of the dough and close it with your fingers, making a wavy frame.
- Grease the top of the dough with egg yolk.
- Make cuts with a round serrated knife and sprinkle with dry rosemary. Bake for 20 minutes in a preheated oven to 180 degrees.
Ricotta and prosciutto snacks are great for several reasons:
- They are a perfect combination of savory and salty flavor.
- The creamy texture of ricotta balances the saltiness of prosciutto.
- Both ingredients are versatile and can be used in various dishes.
- They are easy to prepare and make a great snack or appetizer.
- They are a healthy option as they contain protein and other nutrients.
Where to find organic ricotta and prosciutto in several places in London?
- Whole Foods Market
- Planet Organic
- Waitrose & Partners
- Borough Market
- Abel & Cole
- Ocado These stores offer a range of organic products and are likely to carry organic ricotta and prosciutto. You can also check specialty cheese and deli shops in London for organic options.
Eating healthy snacks is important for several reasons:
- Maintains energy levels and prevents overeating.
- Helps with weight management and weight loss.
- Supports overall health by providing necessary nutrients.
- Improves mental clarity and concentration.
- Supports a strong immune system and reduces the risk of chronic diseases.
- Promotes healthy habits and sets a good example for others.
- Increases physical performance and reduces fatigue.
- Aids in digestion and gut health.
Links to other recipes:
If healthy diet is a priority to you, please visit our page of Easy & Healthy recipes.