Food is an essential part of human culture and history, and movies about food have become increasingly popular in recent years. From heartwarming dramas to mouth-watering documentaries, there is a wide range of films on Netflix that explore the joys and complexities of food and cooking.
Netflix has a great selection of movies about food that you can watch right now. Here are some of the top five movies about food on Netflix, based on my knowledge cutoff date of September 2021:
- “Jiro Dreams of Sushi” – This documentary follows the life and work of Jiro Ono, an 85-year-old sushi master in Tokyo, Japan. The film offers a fascinating look at the dedication and discipline required to achieve true mastery of the art of sushi-making.
- “Chef” – This comedy-drama stars Jon Favreau as a professional chef who quits his job at a high-end restaurant to start a food truck. The movie features mouth-watering shots of delicious food being prepared and served and offers valuable lessons about family, friendship, and pursuing your dreams.
- “The Hundred-Foot Journey” – This heartwarming drama stars Helen Mirren as the owner of a Michelin-starred restaurant in the south of France, who clashes with the owners of a nearby Indian restaurant. The film offers a wonderful celebration of food and the ways in which it can bring people together across cultures and borders.
- “Salt Fat Acid Heat” – This documentary series explores the four key elements of good cooking – salt, fat, acid, and heat – and how they can be used to create delicious and satisfying meals. Based on the bestselling book by chef and food writer Samin Nosrat, the show offers practical tips and techniques for home cooks.
- “Street Food” – This documentary series celebrates the creativity and ingenuity of street food vendors in cities around the world, from Bangkok to Buenos Aires. Each episode profiles a different street food vendor and offers a glimpse into their lives and culinary traditions.
If you’re a foodie looking for inspiration or just someone who enjoys a good movie, these films are sure to satisfy your cravings. Movies about food offer a unique and compelling perspective on the role that food plays in our lives, and they’re a great way to learn more about different cuisines and cultures.
If you are searching for more reviews of culinary movies, visit out Netflix reviews section.